Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bolivia- part four

I returned home early Saturday morning, but I feel like I've been in a fog ever since. My last two days in La Paz were spent being out of breath and easily exhausted. The altitude really took a toll on my body and I was unable to really enjoy my last two days in Bolivia. I wasn't ready to leave, but there were some things (and people) I was ready to get back to.

Lake Titicaca and the restaurant that we ate at. The trout was amazing!!! I wish I had felt better this day, but I'm glad that I was able to see such beauty.


Reed boat built and sailed by Paulino Esteban. We were blessed to meet this man and see all of his handiwork. These boats are simply amazing...


The beautiful, amazing city of La Paz. I'm not sure I have the words to describe my days in this city.


The ruins at Tiwanaku-pretty amazing sites...


A look at the Witches Market...


A closer look...




So, long story short, I loved my trip. I'm happy to be home, but I don't feel like my work in Bolivia is done. I feel such a connection to the country and the people. I don't know what that means quite yet, but I look forward for the lessons that I will learn in the coming years...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for such sweet comments on my blog. Looks like you are having a blast.

Marlene said...

Oooh...gorgeous photos!!! (And I've always loved saying "Titicaca").