Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Over the river and through the woods...I'm headed to my Grandma's house today. I love this day because it means seeing my family that I don't see regularly, giving thanks for my many blessings, and overeating without being judged. I try to give thanks for my blessings everyday, but I think the spirit of Thanksgiving is inspiring. I have SO MUCH to be thankful for- my family, my faith, my friends, my opportunity to further my education, the roof over my head, and food in the cabinets, and SO MUCH MORE.

Rather than my rambling on, I thought I'd share some thoughts on gratitude from others...

Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself.
~Rumi

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying your family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

See ya on Saturday!

No comments: