Wednesday, November 3, 2010

AAM Royal Blog Hop

Welcome to the AAM Blog Hop! So happy to have you!

If you got here from Sarah's blog you are on the right track!

If you are just starting here, make sure you begin at the AAM blog so you don't miss all of the fun inspiration!

Our theme for this hop is ROYALTY- I've never been much on princesses and tiaras- rather I've been very turned off to princesses, magic wands, and the snobbishness that comes along.

However, I see that royalty isn't just about the obvious things that come to mind. It is about more than that - inner beauty, courage, finding your own strength, and learning lessons along the way. For me, seeing myself as royal is difficult, I've struggled with my self-esteem as long as I can remember. I'm trying to see the best parts of myself and remind myself that I am WORTHY.

There is one thing that I am super snobbish about:

SCHOOL SUPPLIES!

I have to have the best of the best and very specific pens to write with. Even if I have leftover supplies, I go out and buy new ones at the beginning of each school year- there's just something about fresh correction fluid and new pens! I could save a lot of money if I used what I already had, but I'm just a snob and that's that!





When I decided what I was going to confess as my snobbish behavior, I had no idea what papers I would use- but then it hit me- Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend!!!! I also used Bazzill Cardstock, Zig Pen, American Crafts Thickers, and a MM stapler and staples!

What are you a "snob" about? Remember, it doesn't have to be a bad thing! Make it fun! Giggle at yourself! It's okay.

Leave a comment telling me what you are a snob about! I'll be drawing a name from all of the commenters and I'll send the winner a RAK!

Last but not least, continue hopping along to Nic's blog for fabulous inspiration and to continue the quest for the main prize!

27 comments:

Melissa said...

ooooh... I saw the post was up and had to come take a peak-a-boo! Yay I'm the first to comment! hehe...
Your photo is so perfect and I loved where you took the challenge. Also... LOVE how you view royalty now and self-worth. You're a pretty fab woman!!!

Sarah aka Byclops said...

hahahah too funny! I was always such a stationery freak!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! :)))
farnie one!! :))

Leaving some snobby love!!

Lisa K said...

Perfect papers for a stationery obsessed scrapper!!

janis said...

yup!!!! perfect papers for the snobbishness!!! love your layout rachel!!!

Janet M said...

Sounds like a good thing to be snob about, I would never get my kids anything but certain art supplies when they were little.

Becky said...

Love your layout! Fresh school supplies are the greatest!

JO SOWERBY said...

lovely LO, I love your honesty. i suppose other than the things i've already commented about i am a snob about which albums i buy, has to be american crafts d rings
Jo xxx

Steph said...

Cute layout! I love pens too.

Arlene Camacho said...

Rachel, I LOVE LOVE L-O-V-E (get it?) your layout. the papers are perfect for your topic!!! LOL

I have to admit to being snobby about this as well...I love pens that write smoothly and love buying my kids the crayolas instead of the store version....

OMG...I'm getting to be such a snob!!!

Rani said...

ha! love this layout!!!!! I actually hide a box of crayola's from my girls...they have their own!

silvia said...

Great page~I can soooo appreciate your love of new school supplies.
I am a snob about books. I once lent a book to a friend, who then lent it to someone else. My book came back *gasp* dog-earred and highlighted.
I no longer lend my books out.

Unknown said...

Ha ha....school supplies...love it! Yes, fresh school supplies are heaven!

Frauke said...

The paper is just perfect for this layout. And I'm no snob at all !!!

chksngr said...

Awesome layout! I love this idea...of a school supply snob. All this time I thought my love of pens was just an illness! :0

Nathalie said...

Great page! I love that CC collection! I am a snob about tea and am thinking of making a page about it :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Carrie said...

Love your layout. I like the "snob" idea. You inspired me to think about making a layout of what I am a "snob" about. :) Thanks so much. I needed something to boost my mojo.

Nic said...

Love your design and such perfect papers for your theme - and what a great theme too! I'd completely forgotten until I read your post but it's recalled a memory of my special old fashioned fountain pen with an ink well, (that had belonged to my dad) which I always used at school - that was my special piece of stationary! Great job!

Fabi Ormerod said...

Great take on the challenge Rach, lovely layout!!!! ;) XX

Tracy said...

I love office supplies, I just wrote in my blog about it:)
I can't think of anything that I am a snob about...maybe certain brands of foood. Like I can't have no name mac N cheese, it has to be Kraft. I can't have no name ketchup it has to be Heinz. There are just certain brand of food I wont skimp on LOL

Wendy Swenne said...

Love your layout! Funny how you places a pen into your hair too :D

Ashley H said...

I agree - fresh school supplies are the best! I am snobby about my jeans. I will only wear Silver brand!

Lil said...

Hi, Rachel! What a fun layout!

I love school and office supplies...in every room of our home there has to be a stapler, a pair of scissors, ruler, puncher, ball pens, markers, tape/tape dispenser, pencils and notepads.

Stay scrappinpretty,
Lil

Amy said...

I am a pen snob as well...I LOVE new pens!! I also love high quality chocolate....I can't bake with any so so chocolate :)

Shona said...

hehe.......love your layout...so cute...and YES I am a snob <<<hanging my head....about pens too. They have to write smooth and be perfect :)

Vicki said...

Love your layout. Back in the days when I was collecting dolls I would look over the packages and pick the most perfect one. Guess that's being a snob.

Anonymous said...

I love this school page you did, has a very school-ish feeling to it too x