Sunday, April 19, 2009

SBS Lesson #6-Kindness

Here is a shortened version of my post over at the Scripture Scrappers blog!

When I think about kindness I think about thoughtful gestures that are done, not for thanks, but for the simple fact of helping someone in need. My church has a Prayer Shawl Ministry. Volunteers knit and crochet prayer shawls for people in need of prayers. They can be given to those with terminal illnesses, someone having surgery, a woman who is having a baby, or someone who is just in need of a hug and some prayers. They do not sell them, they are given away and donations are accepted in order for the ministry to continue. I adore this ministry for what they do. Wrapping yourself in one of the shawls is like being hugged a thousand times over.

In my layout this week I used a picture from my church when the prayer shawls were being blessed. I also used verse 21 from Proverbs 21
"Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor"




Thank you for allowing me to share with you!

No comments: