Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Vol. 1

You may or may not have heard, but I am officially engaged!
Yes, I'm excited! No, we haven't set a date! Yes, I was surprised!
From now until the wedding I am going to be making posts on occasional Wednesdays that will be about Wedding ideas, inspirations, and projects. I plan to have a mostly DIY wedding and I look forward to many projects along the way!

But first, the ring:




It is more than I ever imagined and I'm in awe of it's beauty. Why the blue stone? I knew that I didn't want a big diamond, it just didn't feel like me. I told Ryan that I would like a blue stone and then from there narrowed it down to a Blue Topaz. Blue Topaz is not only my favorite color, but it is also Ryan's birthstone. Every time I look at my ring I'm filled with joy, not only is it beautiful, but it reminds me of the future that Ryan and I will share.

I'm not promising a wedding post every week, but when I do post something about my upcoming nuptials it will always be on a Wednesday!

14 comments:

Mary said...

Rachel that is wonderful news! Congratulations to you both. The ring is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That ring is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations on your engagement! You will have so much fun planning your DIY wedding. :)
Cheers from,
Margareta - Paper Pile Kitten's Blog

jayne said...

Congratulations -- your ring is stunning! Have fun planning your wedding!

Jingle said...

Congratulations!!! That ring is gorgeous!!!

Teri said...

Congratulations RachH. Your ring is beautiful!!! Best wishes. I look forward to reading about the upcoming wedding planning.

Anonymous said...

super congrats and the ring is gorgeous!!

I know just what you mean about diamonds... they never did it for me either - which is why I have a beautiful sapphire engagement ring - which I still LOVE after 28 years!.. crap I am old LOL

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

Congratulations - the ring is gorgeous and I love the idea of the blue stone.

Enjoy the planning and all it entails!

Sarah aka Byclops said...

What a GORGEOUS ring!!!!

Fabi Ormerod said...

wow............how nice to visit you for the first time and find a special post like this. Congrats!!! All the best to you 2. XX

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Congrats once again, Rach! Your ring is absolutely beautiful.

mahlin said...

wow.. congratulations..
and that ring is amazing.. LOVE that the color of it!

Days Like This crafter said...

I looooove your ring! I have lots of blue topaz jewelry and almost told my hubby to get a blue stone instead of diamond when he was ring shopping. I chickened out and was afraid it would be too different, so I decided to go with blue sapphire accents on the sides instead. But your ring looks GORGEOUS on you!!! Glad you stuck with what you wanted instead of what is the norm. It is beautiful!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Rachel I can't believe I am just now reading this!! I am soooooooo excited for you!! Blessings to you and Ryan!! I will be looking forward to Wednesdays!! HUGS!!!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

c9ongrats .. all the best of luck....